Sunday, August 1, 2010

She Loves Oregon



Yesterday we drove down the Oregon coast, stopping to take a trek down to the "Devil's Churn," taking an elevator down to the Sea Lion cave, and stopping in lovely little Florence before heading away from the coast, through the lush Siuslaw forest, and finally arriving in Ashland, where we capped off the day with the musical "She Loves Me," which we all enjoyed tremendously. All in all, this was a day devised by the Oregon Chamber of Commerce to lure future residents to their fair state. This will be a short blog post, as we're heading out to explore Ashland and Jacksonville, a town which has been designated a historic place - the entire town that is. The weather here is perfect -sunny, clear and cool in the evening, and our beautiful historic hotel - The Ashland Springs Hotel - is just down the street from a classic old movie theater and the entire theater complex for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. In short, I fully expect to be a card carrying member of the "let's move to Ashland" fan club before the day is out....






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. Wow! This has been another wonderfully full and enriching vacation. As always, I look forward to what remains of it as much, I'm sure, as you do. :)

peg said...

I knew you would love Ashland! Have you come upon the lithium water yet? Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your visit.