Monday, July 20, 2009

JOSH HOLLOWAY eats (and lives) here!





























Okay, I didn't take the photo of Josh and wife Yessica leaving the local supermarket, but maybe I will by week's end! Our second day in Honolulu was quite relaxing, causing Dana to claim it was the first day he felt completely on vacation (those cruises are a lot of work, apparently ;) We enjoyed the resort's pool and lagoon, where we rented a paddle boat, and swam in the Pacific while gazing at Diamond Head in the not so distant background. In the evening we headed to Hawai'i Kai, an area just southeast of the Waikiki area we are staying, to eat at Roy's, a restaurant owned by famous (to Hawaiians, at least) chef Roy Yamaguchi (does he ice skate on the side?) The view was spectacular, the food wonderful, and the likelihood that some of my Losties dined there strong. So I asked my waiter, who said (and I loved this response), "Oh yeah. They dine here all the time. Especially Hurley, the Korean guy, and Josh Holloway. Oh, and before she was off the show the woman who got arrested for DUI." :) Why only Josh Holloway gets to have his name known and remembered I don't know. I'm sure Jorge Garcia (who eats there weekly and is "a really nice guy"), Daniel Dae Kim and Michelle Rodriguez are equally deserving. Still, JOSH HOLLOWAY eats at Roy's "all the time, and he lives in Hawai'i Kai." So, I'll be spending the rest of my week stalking the various establishments in that lovley little area, while Dana and the kids check out the other sites. Seriously, I think we shopped after dinner in the very store he and his wife are leaving in the photo. And to get off the JH subject for a moment, boy is the food expensive here! Dana keeps defending Hawaii, saying how everything has to be shipped overseas... yada, yada, yada. Over 6 dollars for a gallon of milk! Our condo kitchen is supposed to be saving us money on this leg of our vacation. Just thought I'd share :) So today's photos are the kids in our lagoon and us in Roy's (I've already scoured the photos for signs of famous people - none there). Today we're off to the North Shore, to Turtle Bay, where they film many of Lost's beach scenes, just to tie everything together. Oh, and Josh and Yessica were robbed by gunpoint here several years ago, so suddenly "losing" my wallet doesn't seem so bad. Maybe I spoke to the same police officer who helped them....

4 comments:

pegclifton said...

great pictures! Maddie looks so grown up and beautiful, and Daniel is as handsome as ever. I've always heard Hawaii is expensive because everything is shipped, now you're experiencing it for yourself. Nice to see "Sawyer" helping with the shopping, but I'm not too impressed with his wife, hope you catch up with him before you leave!

Anonymous said...

Leave the poor woman alone! I'm sure she has a wonderful personality. :-)

I'd appreciate any pictures of Elizabeth Mitchell if you happen upon her.

Anonymous said...

Was his wife giving the photographer the stink eye in that shot or is that just how she looks? Just kidding (I saw Juno again recently...). :)
But seriously, more fun in the sun, more expensive food and parking, I hope you're enjoying it. And Amy, given the fact that you have lost your identification and have only a police report to serve that function, I'd suggest you avoid any kind of stalking activity - it could get messy for you. ;-)
Keep up the fun!

Unknown said...

Great picture of you and Maddie. Keep up the stalking.I hope you find him before you leave.