Sunday, June 15, 2008

Maps :-)









I realized (with a little nudge from Dad) that a few maps would help you all understand how we could drive through three states in just a couple of hours. I've included one of the greater Yellowstone area (where you can see Cody and Jackson, the two places we've stayed as our Yellowstone launching points), a close-up of Yellowstone (where you can see Old Faithful, Mammoth, and the Canyon, as well as the miles between each area), and the map that shows the little corner of Wyoming that Yellowstone occupies. We actually wound up entering from the south yesterday and leaving from the west entrance, which is why we passed the potatoes in Idaho in the evening. And, to answer Kerrie's question, you can only see the tops of the potatoes (thus the green), or the brown dirt where they have been recently harvested. However, the myriad signs for various potato companies leaves no doubt that the fields are indeed occupied by my favorite carbohydrate (though I did threaten to pull one out of the ground for a souvenir; realizing we were deep in Red State territory, I thought better of it). I'm also including a link to a Yellowstone website (with even more maps!) for those of you who would like to further explore. http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/interactivemap/transpto.htm




No comments: