Friday, June 6, 2008

On the Eve of Amber

We've (mostly) packed, halted the newspaper, printed our itinerary, charged up the various electronics, and now we're ready to hit the road. The Garmin GPS did not arrive on time (surprise, surprise :-)), so we will have to pull a Lewis and Clark and rely on the GPS software Dana downloaded into his Blackberry Curve. Not sure how we'll manage.

Tomorrow night we arrive in Denver, Colorado, where we will meet up with Kerrie and Carlos for a birthday dinner (Dana and Kerrie share a June 7th birthday). I'm not sure what my Internet access will be, but I'll try to blog and upload a couple of pictures every few days.

Oh, and one boast for the road: Maddie and Daniel got their report cards today. Stellar performances all around. Daniel is far beyond his grade level in both reading and math; Maddie, meanwhile, completed her first year of middle school with an A+ (Drama), 3 A's (English, Computers, French), and 4 B+'s (Social Studies, Science, Math, P.E.). For the 4th quarter, she managed to pull an A in Science and Social Studies, as well as English, Drama, French and Computers. We're hoping the trip to Mount Rushmore fortifies the A in Social Studies next year :-)

Until next time...

5 comments:

RON said...

have a great birthday, dana!

pegclifton said...

Happy birthday Dana, and I wish you all a safe and wonderful trip.

pegclifton said...

Maddie and Daniel, Congratulations on your wonderful report cards! We are so proud of you.

Amy said...

Love the photo, Ron :-) War and Peace is your favorite book?! Wow. I've never read it. I liked Crime and Punishment, though; does that count?

And Mom, I'm so happy to see you figured out how to comment! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Looking forward to the updates. And nice job on those report cards. :-)